DIY Aspirin Mask
Aspirin mask ready to use~
What is aspirin mask?
Aspirin mask is a well known mask, especially for acne treatment. Aspirin is actually made from salicylic acid, also known as Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA for short). BHA is known to help tremendously with cleaning pores from deep inside and therefore contribute to keeping our skin blemish-free. BHAs are efficient on existing blemishes as well, by helping them heal faster and keeping pores clean afterwards. You can find BHA or salicylic acid in ingredients for most upscale skincare products.
After reading most of review, I found that this cheap aspirin mask is one of the most effective mask for acne treatment. I use this not only for prevent acne, but even if you have no problem with acne, consider using a mask of aspirin for to condition your skin and keep it looking healthy and youthful.
I keep using this mask once or sometimes twice a week, depending on my skin condition. Take a note that overuse this mask can stressed out your skin and deprive your purpose on wearing a mask.
After using the mask:
- It help me minimalize breakouts during PMS. thanks to the BHA.
- Your skin will be so silky soft right after you wash off this mask.
- Cheap~! and easy to get.
- Reduces inflammation and redness.
- Can be used as 'one spot' acne treatment^^
- Exfoliate dead skin cell
- The vibrant effect doesn't last for long time
- However this is still a 'chemical' mask, having a possibility to damaged our skin if we are overuse it.
How to make:
There are practically unlimited versions of this mask. You can add yoghurt for an astringent effect, aloe vera, honey. You can also make the mask using a basic moisturizer mixed with salicylic acid instead of water, as it will be less harsh on the skin and will be more easy to use. But my favorite is to mix it with pure honey.
- 1 tbs of pure honey
- 2 tablets of uncoated aspirin, you can use any kind of aspirin, though.
- 1 tbs of mineral water
Step by step ( easy and fun^^)
- Put your aspirin to a bowl, make sure that the bowl is well cleaned.
- Dissolve the aspirin by dropping one tbs of tepid water.
- Pour the honey on top of it and swirl it with your finger. Mixed well.
- Rub it to your face gently, avoid eye area as it would be extremely drying and irritating for the sensitive skin
- Wash the mask off after 10-15minutes, use the remnants of the mask as a good exfoliator to remove excess dirt and grime.
- Dry off your face and use a mild toner. Wait a sec, then use your regular moisturizer and VOILAAA~♥ your skin will be super soft and vibrants!
Mask rating : 4 out of 5 ★★★★