Friday, May 18, 2012

Review: Maybelline MINERALS BB Cream

Hello readers, thanks for visiting my blog~♥ This time, I'll be reviewing Maybelline Clear Smooth MINERALS BB Cream.



Benefit:
Brightens skins: visible whitening effect.
Covers imperfections: reduces the appearance of pores, skin redness disappears.
Moisturizes+Protects: all day hydration + helps to protect skin from UV rays and free radicals. (SPF 26/PA+++)

Clinically proven: No oil. No fragrance. No pore clogging. Even suitable for sensitive skin. Dermatologist tested.


Swatches ~ Photo taken under natural outdoor light
Yea I admit that I'm a sucker for BB Cream and I will never ever leave my house without a layer of BB cream on my face! LOLZ! ok..actually~ I'm grateful with my oily and 'minor' acne prone skin, but sometimes I just feel insecure about my skins. So that's why I bought a tube of Maybelline BB cream when I was in Jakarta last year, it was super urgent because I had to stay in Jakarta for a week without any preparation. I didn't bring any of my BB cream with me~ Holyguacamole~ I rushed to local drugstore and bought this on a whim.

My first impression of the BB cream is: "NOT BAD."  I didn't have high expectations of a drugstore BB cream, but was pretty impressed with the result, and began to like it.
It gives a semi matte finish, blends well with my natural skin color and the texture is light and runny enough to be applied using a foundation brush.

It claims that it will help brightens skin, with continuous use I assume. I haven't checked it myself, though, I personally think BB cream won't help out whiten our skins. 

All in all, Maybelline BB cream can be a pretty good daily BB cream. Recommended for those with oily skin, it has a great oil control properties and suitable for sensitive skins.

What I like:
- Sun protection, SPF26/PA+++
- No fragrance.
- Suitable for sensitive skin.
- Gives me no acne issues.
- Moisturizing.
- Very affordable price :)
- Mini packaging (18ml)

What I don't like:
- Lack of coverage.
- Contains parabens.

Coverage:Photobucket
Oil Control:Photobucket
Overall Rating:Photobucket

Okay, that's all for the review ^-^~
I'll be hosting a circle lens giveaway on my next post, so please stay tuned! ~♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment